Ok, some gaming stuff to keep you all updated.
- Sony have launched PSP Firmware 2.6 for Japan and America, Europe should get it soon. What’s new? Well WMA support (no WMA9 Lossless, DRM or Pro support) and the ability to save DRM’d content to he MSDuo directly from the browser and RSS support.
- Rhindle over on the GA-Forum has been playing with running Windows applications via the media extender abilities of the XBox 360. Lot’s of things run but some stuff crashes.
- The European advert for the 360 that is on TV at the moment is apparently not the only one; this one was apparently blocked by Microsoft. It is quite amusing though.
- Microsoft have already got some downloadable (pay for) content for Kameo available for Christmas (see right).
- A trailer for Prey on the 360 has been released by 2K Games; it’s based on the Doom 3 engine so should look pretty in HD
- Not sure why you would want to, but a downgrader from 1.5 to 1.0 has been released for the PSP (Get it here). The nice news on this though is it will allow developers to make ‘custom’ firmware for the PSP as it uses own written code to replace the NAND memory with the v1.0 files. So we could have 2.6FW with all the benefits of 1.5! (Original story)
- Nokia has finally done the right thing and killed the nGage off, about time!
- EA has released information about the XBox 360 version of Burnout 3
That’s about it for the important stuff, more if I hear/see it.